Hi Jim,
Go into settings, general, accessibility, voiceover. Go down until it says
navigate images. Mine is set to "with descriptions. Other choices are none or
always. You should set it to always and then see if that helps your page any.
If not, you can put it back to whatever you have it set to now.

Sent from my iPhone