Hi well Apple can send the code by text or call using a trusted number you
added when setting up two factor authentication. Judging by research after some
unfounded concerns off list, it turns out that two factor authentication will
be enabled by default for some new Apple IDs as of iOS 10.3 and macOS 10.12.4
and later versions of these operating systems. If you don't want this, you can
always disable it on the web and return to the security questions/answers
system.