Hi,

The delete option is right in the Mail app when you're on a message. Just flick
your finger down and there'll be two choices, default and delete. You have to
do this for each message you want to delete.

This is one of the contextual rotor settings that comes into play
automatically. Another one is the search results rotor item, which is activated
when you're in the Google search field in Safari.

HtH,
Teresa