Hello, just an idea, if no one can answer your question, you can download the
free Microsoft Outlook app, set up your Gmail account with it, and you will
sure see the compose button, you can also delete a message without opening it
thanks to some nice custom actions in the message list, note no Office 365
subscription required to use Outlook, in fact no Microsoft account is required
at all.