Hello,
I am typing this with a LogicTech K480 keyboard.
It is on bluetooth as are the headphones.
I would say that the delay is noticeable, but it is less than half a second in
length.
I do not have a timer that I can fire at the same time I type a letter, but
with the keyboard setting to echo words, when I type the word "words" and hit a
space or punctuation, it says words at the same time I am typing the next word.
I type approximately 80 to 90 words a minute.
I cannot type ahead of VoiceOver more than a very small part of a word.
So, I'm not bothered by the delay.
but that is a personal preference.
HTH,
Richard