It has an LTE radio so it can make connections on LTE whether or not you have
your phone nearby. However, in order to make things like phone calls and texts
etc. work, you have to have a phone number. So it uses the same number as your
phone. Therefore, you need to have the watch on the same carrier as your phone.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone