My iPad pro also seems to exhibit this alarming behavior.

I am going to run the iOS diagnostic     software from Apple's express support channel  but it's looking like a hardware issue contrary   to what I posted earlier.

Sadam

On 24/09/2017 10:38 PM, Debby wrote:

Hi Kimber,

Are you running iOS 11? Were you using the Blindfold games?

Thanks to everyone for there thoughts on this.

Debby

*From:*viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Kimberly
*Sent:* Sunday, September 24, 2017 3:49 AM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: iPhone 8 and speaker lightly crackling

I’ve been seeing similar behavior on my iPhone 7 and was concerned that my speaker was going. So this may indeed be a software issue.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On Sep 23, 2017, at 6:57 PM, Debby <dm-h...@comcast.net <mailto:dm-h...@comcast.net>> wrote:

    Hello,

    I received my iPhone 8 yesterday, and I finally have it mostly set
    up, actually it did most of the work. But when I play Blindfold
    games like Solitaire and Color Crush, the speaker lightly
    crackles. It is almost as if my finger moving around the screen is
    causing the speaker to have static. I turned off the background
    music in Solitaire, and it is somewhat better, but not gone. I
    have restarted the phone, restarted voiceover, turned off audio
    ducking, changed the speed and pitch of the voices and it is still
    there. I played music from the music app and moved around the
    screen while the music was playing and no crackle. The only other
    place I heard it was a tiny bit in Seeing AI.

    Has anyone else experienced the problem? My bet is that it is a
    software problem, but if it is the hardware, then a trip to the
    Verizon store will be in order.

    Thanks!

    Debby

-- The following information is important for all members of the V
    iPhone list.

    If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this
    list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please
    contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on
    the list itself.

    Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached
    at: mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu>. Your list owner is
    Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com
    <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

    Groups "VIPhone" group.
    send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>.

Sadam Ahmed

JAWS certified, 2017
Mobile:

+ 61 435 892 944