Sorry for the typo in the subject line of the original message.
I just thought I mention that if you Google “Sonos 1” or “Sonos 1 Speaker” you
find many more articles from reputable sources such as 9to5Mac, CNET etc., I
referenced the article from The Verge,but you can go to just about any of the
tech sites of your choice and find an article about the Sonos 1. After all
Sonos were first at this whole multi-room wireless audio stuff and in my view
they are still the King of the best quality multi-room audio offering the most
music services and of course the app is fully accessible. Sonos has shown a
solid commitment to accessibility, they have continued to come out with new
products and if as I read somewhere but have to verify the new Sonos 1 includes
support for Airplay 2 then that is a big step forward. This means that once
they release their flagship Play 5 with voice control I would be surprised if
they excluded Airplay from it and I’m glad I haven’t bought any new Play 1,
Play 3 or Play 5 speakers in a few years. I do have one set of Play 1 as rear
speakers for my Sonos living room setup, but when Alexa is officially coming to
Canada I think I’ll definitely buy a set of Sonos 1 for the kitchen. I spoke to
a Sonos agent and he said that it is their goal to support all voice assistants
and while Google Assistant is the obvious next choice and it’s already planned
for early 2018, he said Cortana is also on the roadmap and they would of course
love to have support for SIRI although that I could see might be a long time in
the future since Apple probably won’t give them access given they want to sell
HomePods first.
In any case, those who have heard me talk about Sonos know I’m quite a big fan,
I have had most of my Sonos stuff since 2009/2010 and was probably a pain in
the neck to Sonos in those years because I constantly bugged them about
improving accessibility along with some others, primarily Neil Barnfather from
the UK.