Let me correct my earlier post. My iPhone 4S does not vibrate at all during
startup on battery power, even when the switch is set to mute.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Scott Howell
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 11:58 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iPhone 5 and power up vibration

If that is so, then a nice feature. Of course something I asked for a while
ago and surely could be implemented in software. Well darn guess I'll have
to upgrade at some point. :)

On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:49 PM, "Daniel Miller" <miller...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, if the mute switch is set to on, it will vibrate. But if not, it won't
unless it's plugged in. However, someone is saying the 5 does it when the
switch isn't set to mute and on battery.