From what I read on Libratone's site, their is an app, but not sure how much
it is required to use it. It sounds like you can choose the speaker in a section of wifi settings that would come up saying set up new airplay speaker, or by switching the laptop wifi to its temporary one and going that way. I heard it will also be getting the capability to hook into Amazon and all the streaming skills on their next year, but if you want stuff like the nfl/nba/etc from Tunein Premium, Airplay is probably the only way about it these days. I really don't need the ability to have a battery in it, but that might be handy if I wanted to move it around. From the reviews I found online, it sounded like this was the best for the money. I think Amazon has it for $299, or has at times. What I found is also kind of nifty is that using the iphone charging cable, it will supposedly play audio from the phone when hooked up, without that silly dongle that's easy to lose and it would charge at the same time. I never thought ios had the ability to do usb audio like computers/droid/etc can, but I am probably wrong on that. The previous Klipsch iGroove 30-pin dock I have that little Airplay dongle on isn't made any more, as only the auxiliary jack would be of much use now unless you have the other discontinued stuff to go with, but from last I heard, their Airplay stuff was well over $400, which is a considerable hike since I remember this old thing I got retailed new for about $150, and I ended up getting a woot special back then. I might just end up ordering the zip on Amazon, since the Apple Store app doesn't seem to show it any more either, to see how I like it, as returning it if the app isn't so accessible wouldn't be a problem, and with prime, the shipping is free.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Bullis" <matthewbulli...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: accessibility of Libratone Zip speaker

Hmm, maybe there is something I've not understood about Airplay, but I
only got Airplay to work with my Apple TV 3rd generation, which wasn't
really ideal. I have a JBL OnBeat Rumble speaker, which says it's
Airplay enabled. I do see that the iPhone indicates Airplay as the JBL
speaker, but I've never been able to stream to the speaker itself. I
either have to dock the iPhone or connect via Bluetooth. You say that
if you turn off Bluetooth you will get Airplay. Is it necessary to
turn off Bluetooth to then get this function? I would like Voiceover
to stay on the iPhone while streaming to the JBL speaker. Doesn't this
depend on the Wifi network? I recall there is an app for this speaker,
but it wasn't all that accessible. Would I need to use the app to
configure this?
Thanks,
Matthew