I don't see anything in the article that says you have to follow every single suggestion. In fact, it says in the beginning just make the changes that apply. I think this is a good resource and may make people aware of some security settings they didn't previously know about. Plus, not everyone uses the phone in the same way, and some of these privacy settings may be important to some and not others. Also, just because I can turn off some features to save some power, doesn't mean I'm going to turn off everything. Again, there may be some things I don't need and articles like this may make me aware of what I can turn off. Plus, if I end up in a situation where I need to stretch my battery a bit then this will come in handy. I'm not sure why people jump to the conclusion that articles and collections of suggestions like this are saying we should just put our phones in a drawer and not sue them. Follow the suggestions you want to and let the rest decide what they want to do with their own phones.