From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2017 11:50 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Amazon Echo devices

Hi,

As Alexa is going to finally make it to Canada on December 5,

Amazon.ca now has the Echo Dot, Echo and Echo Plus for sale at a special
preorder price.

Could some of you from the States or other countries where Alexa has been
available explain a bit why I might want to own at least one Echo Plus which it
is said has a built-in smart home hub? Or do I even want one of these?

How is the sound on the Echo Dot, I understand it is meant to be connected to
other speakers or maybe even a receiver, but there is also mention that it has
a small built-in speaker, is that pretty OK for say listening to Podcasts or an
Audible book?

I am still potentially looking at buying a sonos 1 as well, but for some reason
I thought the Echo speakers were more expensive so especially the echo Dot at
an introductory price of $49.99 Canadian (regularly $69.99 after the
introductory special is over) might be a good choice. The regular Echo is on
for $99.99 (regular price will be $129.99 and the Echo Plus is on for $169.99
(regular $199.99).

I like the fact that all speakers apparently have a 3.5mm output jack and also
can send audio to a bluetooth headset. This might totally be the way how I
might listen to Audible books, insjtead of having to use my iPhone with headset
when I go to bed I could have an Echo Dot or Echo beside the bed and use it
either with a wired or bluetooth headset.

It also mentions any of the Echo speakers can do “Free audio calls to Canada,
the US and Mexico”. Does this mean I can tell it to call a particular number
just like I tell SIRI or can it even call a business just by saying call so and
so company?

Best regards,