Hi Sieghard,

My son sells appliances and does part for them. He says he likes the Speed
Queen models. He says they have the best warranty.

Mr. Ed

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2017 6:31 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Smart Washer and Drier

I was waiting for these for a long time, at the CES for the last 3 or 4 years
they are always talking about it, but nothing really has been widely adopted.

Last year I finally purchased a Miele washer and dryer, very expensive, but
there are no dials, all is controlled by buttons and while some of them get
pushed and rotate through various options, if you turn the appliance off (these
actually have real on/off butons) and start over it always defaults back to the
same order so if, for example, I select the “Master Care” program then there is
another button where you can cycle through 6 or 8 different programs and it
always starts at the top so if you write down the order it’s no problem, also,
I was able to read the LCD screen with Talking Goggles, haven’t tried it yet
with the Seeing AI Short Text function, but it will probably work even better.
Like I said, beautiful appliances, they are rated for a 20-year life span but
they are expensive. They did have a less expensive set, but it had a dial which
just turns and turns, no stops and no good way to figure out what’s what.

Bosch I believe has some sort of smart technology out, but when I last checked
it was available in Europe, but not yet in North America.

I wouldn’t touch a Samsung washer and dryer or, for that matter, dish washer or
stove with a 10 foot pole, talk to any appliance repair person and the German
and Swedish stuff is clearly superior. Asko is from Sweden and I think so is
Electrolux, with the German brands Miele is probably at the top, then there is
Bosch and AEG (the latter is less well-known).