I don’t think Pablo has a Mac computer. In fact, Pablo, I didn’t think you had
an iPhone anymore or were ever going to get another one. I guess you must
really cherish your love-hate relationship with Apple *smile*.
Also, I don’t think you said what version of iTunes you have. If you are on any
of the 12.7 versions then things have changed considerably, Apple has removed
the ability to manage apps with iTunes, not sure about books since I have never
used this feature.
You can still manage music manually if you want, but syncing ringtones has
changed (I think it’s easier now) and I know some people have said they can
still use iTunes File Transfer to transfer files to Voice Dream Reader etc.
Unfortunately I can’t help you much further because the only thing I use iTunes
for is to occasionally create a ringtone from a song and sync ringtones. I
haven’t had music on my phone for years since I have an Apple Music
subwscription and enough data so that for the little bit of music listening I
just stream it. I use Audible for my audio books 99% of the time and if I
really want to get an MP3 book onto my phone to listen to with Voice Dream
Reader I just sync it via Dropbox or iTunes Drive.
If you want iTunes to be more like the way it was before you need to download
iTunes 12.6.3, Apple released this version after 12.7 came out and it’s
primarily for companies who still want to manage apps via iTunes and I know
several people on the list have gone back to this version. I assume you will
have to uninstall iTunes 12.7.x and all Apple components and then install
12.6.3. This version supports iOS 11 and I believe it won’t update for the
foreseeable future.
If you want to read more and find direct download links for iTunes 12.6.3 for
Windows (separate download links for 32 Bit and 64 Bit) you can Read this
article from OSX
Daily.<http://osxdaily.com/2017/10/09/get-itunes-12-6-3-with-app-store/>

Best regards,
Sieghard