Hi, I'd recommend doing a restore and then you should be able to upgrade. However if you are traveling about and don't have access to your iTunes on your computer then you might be stuck for now. I can't remember if doing a reset from just the phone will be enough, but then of course you would lose all your settings.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
AIBOHPHOBIA (n.) the fear of palindromes