Interestingly enough when I tried this with my wife (I have an iPhone 6S Plus
and she has a 6S) this did not work until we both turned on Hand Off as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
M. Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 10:06 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: How to share your wi-fi password in iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra, iMore

How to share your wi-fi password in iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra By Mike
Matthews5 Dec 2017

We recently had a bunch of kids come over to the house for my daughter's
birthday party. And being teenagers, they didn't come alone. They brought two
things:
1.      Something in their pocket: An iPhone.
2.      A question in their mind: What's your wi-fi password?
Do You Want to Know a Secret?
Thanks to a new feature in iOS 11, it's easy to share the password to your home
wi-fi network with your friends without revealing it or having to type it into
every guest's device.
This shortcut to wi-fi connectivity can be used with an iOS device (iPhone,
Pad, iPod) running iOS 11, as well as a Mac running macOS High Sierra.
Allow us to demonstrate using an iPhone and wi-fi network and a friend's iPod
Touch. Here are three simple steps [Note: If your friend is already in your
contacts and already has Bluetooth enabled, you just can skip to Step 3!].
.       Step 1: Add your friend to your Contacts app
.       Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth on both your iPhone and your friend's iPod
Touch
.       Step 3: With your device nearby, have your friend join your wi-fi
network
Step 1: Add your friend to your Contacts app
1.      On your iPhone, tap Contacts.
2.      Tap the Add button.
3.      Enter contact data for your friend and tap Done.

Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth on both your iPhone and your friend's iPod Touch
1.      Tap Settings.
2.      Tap Bluetooth.
3.      Tap the Bluetooth switch to turn it on.

Step 3: With your device nearby, have your friend join your wi-fi network
1.      On the iPod Touch, tap Settings.
2.      Tap Wi-Fi.
3.      Tap the name of the wi-fi network.

4.      When your friend taps the name of your network, a password box will
be displayed the iPod Touch and a card will appear on your iPhone. Tap Share
Password and the wi-fi connection will occur on your friend's iPod Touch
without he or she having to lift a finger.

5.      When the connection is complete on the iPod Touch, you'll be
notified on your iPhone. Tap Done.

Share and Share Alike

Original Article at:
https://m.imore.com/wi-fi-password-sharing-ios-11