Hello. From what I can tell, changing to a specific verse is difficult here. In the selection area for the book you wish to read, once you've scrolled down to the name of the book, you should also see some numbers down in the bottom right part of the screen. These, seem to be for the chapter and verse of that chapter, you want to jump to. These are the steps I had to take, for example, to get the the book of Matthew, chapter three. Once your in the selection for books, scroll down to matthew and double tap. Move your finger down to the bottom right and you'll notice two small vertical listings of numbers. the first one, on the left hand side is for the chapter, so move your finger down this listing to 3 and double tap it. After that, double tapping the begin button close to the top right will throw you to that chapter of the book. I'd also assume you could select your verse from here as well, but I don't know it it would land you right on the verse, or if you'd still have to scroll down to it. One last thing worth pointing out. These vertical lists of numbers are pretty small, so only enough room for 4 or so chapters and verses at a time. If you want to go higher in chapters or verses, you need to scroll those lists upwards. You can do this by doing a double tap and hold on the area you want to scroll, and sliding your finger up a little.
Hope this helps.
Take care.