Apple's iPhone $29 Battery Replacement Program Is Now Live
By Tyler Lee on 12/30/2017 18:08 PST

Recently Apple has come forward and apologized over the iPhone battery
scandal where they acknowledged that how they handled the situation was
probably not the best way. They also announced that they would be replacing
affected iPhone batteries for $29. This offer was expected to go live in
late January, but it seems that it is now live earlier than expect.

In the update to its website, it now reads, "Apple is reducing the price of
an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by $50 - from $79 to $29 - for
anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced,
available worldwide through December 2018." So if you own the iPhone 6 or
later, you can actually try visiting an Apple Store to see about replacing
your battery.

That being said, you might want to hurry as stock might be limited at the
start. In a statement Apple made to Axios, they warned that initial supply
could be limited. "We expected to need more time to be ready, but we are
happy to offer our customers the lower pricing right away. Initial supplies
of some replacement batteries may be limited."

Alternatively for those who don't mind doing a bit of DIY, the folks at
iFixit have also reduced the cost of their repair kits to $29 to match
Apple's offer, with the added bonus that it covers iPhones older than the
iPhone 6.

Original Article At:
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2017/12/apple-iphone-battery-replacement-now-live/