From: Jewel
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2018 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: fixing the way siri says someones name

Voice-over, Karen in particular, is pretty good at pronouncing words, but I
have told you that no matter what method I use, I cannot get her to say
chess.  It always comes out as Chiss.
However, having said that, someone, Richard perhaps, said that Karen
enhanced. when he challenged her did say chess.  When I looked at
settings/voice-over etc, I was told that it was Karen, but whether it was
Karen enhanced or Karen un..., I was not told.
Now, pressing forward, when I am playing the word game, "Seven Little Words"
from time to time, she will spell a word rather than saying it.
An example is arctic:  a r c t i c.
I went to settings/voice-over/pronunciation" and typed in a r c t i c, and
then dictated arctic.  When I tapped play, arctic was said, but when I
checked it in the solutions column of SLW, it was still a r c t i c.
Of course, the a r c t i c is not going to melt any faster than it is now if
she continues to spell it, but it would be a feather in my cap, if I could
persuade her that arctic is the way to go!

         Jewel