Hello,

since updating to iOS 6, I have the impression that voiceover can't deal
with background noises as well as it used to do. For example, I have baby
adopter installed and was amazed by the fact that the volume of the
background music was automatically adjusted to voiceover's volume. When
voiceover was speaking, the volume was turned down a bit and the other way
round. On iOS 6, this seems to be messed up completely. When touching the
screen, the music and other sounds of the app are paused for a moment. It
all seems to run much less smoothly than before. Another thing I noticed was
the strange sound when sending a message with WhatsApp. This sound was very
distinct and clear before, but now it sounds as if it is muffled somehow.
Another thing I noticed is the fact that the sound you hear when starting
and finishing dictation is very quiet. The old sounds with the adjusted
volume just sounded much more natural. To cut it short: As long as you are
working with voiceover and with no background noises, everything sounds
fine. The misbalance only starts when voiceover and other sounds come
together. Do you face the same issue? Or do you know how you can get kind of
an acoustic balance between speech output and other sounds?

Best regards,

Alexandra