Yikes! Apple really dropped the ball with this one! I'm not part of the beta program, and I only have one current enough iOS device that could even run it, so I'm not sure how much help I could realistically be. If there's anything non-beta iOS users can do, would you let us know?
Thanks, Ari > On Feb 7, 2018, at 9:43 PM, M. Taylor <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hello Everyone, > > As a follow-up to Malcolm's beta software notice, Sieghard sent me a very > compelling email, off-list explaining the details of the iOS 11.3 beta > software Music app VoiceOver accessibility bug. > > After reading Sieghard's email, I believe this current bug is significant > enough to be posted to the list if for no other reason than to request that > all beta testers send feedback on this, immediately.. > > So, rather than paraphrasing Sieghard's email, I am going to paste it in, > after my signature, for everyone to read. > > Please follow Sieghard's feedback suggestions if you wish to participate in > a solution. Discussing it here, on the list, will not result in any change > as this is still a beta release. > > Mark > > -----Original Message----- > From: Sieghard Weitzel > Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 8:59 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: RE: Serious bug in music app in latest beta of iOS 11.3 > > Hi Mark, > > Sending this to you. I thought Malcolm might get into minor trouble for > posting this. However, I am glad he did. I just upgraded to public beta 2 of > iOS 11.3 and while I am glad I can use Skype again (it crashed each time I > tried to open it in the initial 11.3 release) this music bug is pretty > unbelieveable. I just opened the Music app and Malcolm is correct, Voiceover > reads only "button" and it will then try to identify the text and usually > succeed, e.g. if I am in my library it will say "possible text playlist" or > "possible text artist" etc. When I tapped where it said "Artist" it > continues to read all artists displayed as "button" and again it will > usually identify by saying, for example, "possible text Air Supply". Of > course if you go into Air Supply it also doesn't speak the albums and the > songs and you often have to swipe right and back left before it will > identify the text so it's all very frustrating and currently I would call > the Music 95% inaccessible because of this. > I just submitted a bug report via the Feedback app so hopefully other beta > testers will do so and hopefully Apple will therefore fix this sooner rather > than later. It would be a shame if iOS 11.3 were released to the public with > that bug, if that is the case people need to be warned. > I think given the situation maybe you could post something, tell people to > please not reply, but ask anybody who is an iOS 11.3 public beta tester to > check this out and to submit Feedback using the Feedback app. The Feedback > app is very accessible and pretty easy to use. There is no point sending > emails to Apple Accessibility, it's beta software and at least in the past > they don't like to receive beta related feedback. > > Regards, > Sieghard > > > -- > The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. > > If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if > you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or > moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. > > Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: > [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at > [email protected] > > The archives for this list can be searched at: > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "VIPhone" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to [email protected]. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. -- The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor. Mark can be reached at: [email protected]. Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at [email protected] The archives for this list can be searched at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
