Another choice for NFL is the yahoo sports app.  You can watch any in market
game from your phone, and get your favorite teams updates on the appleTV app
feed.  And appleTV does come with the big 4 news casts.  CNN, Fox News, NBC
news, CBS news,  and the Washington post.  They do not come installed, but you
can go get them from the appleTV App Store.