Hi Mária,

I only downgraded my iPhone 4 once and that was after I optained a beta copy
of iOS 5 back last year in July. I was pretty excited about iOS 5 after the
June announcement so I paid some guy on eBay 5 Dollars to register my UDID
under his developer account. I then had to find a website to download the
iOS 5 beta, but since it was only the first or second Beta it gave me so
many problems that after a week or 2 I downloaded iOS 4.3 again from the
same website. Basically, as long as Apple allows downgrading and provided
you find a full copy of iOS 5.1.1 which will be somewhere in the
neighbourhood of 700 or 800 Megabytes to ddownload, you just download it,
then if you want to downgrade you hook your phone up to iTunes and instead
of pressing Enter on "Restore" you press Shift+Enter. If you are using
Windows this will open a standard Open File dialogue, you then browse to
where you saved the iOS 5.1.1 file which has a .ipsw extention, select it
and press "Open". From then on it's a standard restore procedure and if all
goes well you will be back to 5.1.1 when it's done.

Now, having said this, I don't think you have too much to worry about. iOS 6
seems to run very well on the iPhone 4 and in fact quite a few people here
have reported it seems to be more responsive than iOS 5.1.1 was although
there are a few exceptions where some people seem to have problems. As for
features all works well except custom labels has a bug and there are a few
other things which maybe you read about if you followed the list. Nothing I
think is a deal breaker.

If you do upgrade make sure you are plugged into power and back up before
and even though some claim it makes no difference, do this after you backed
up and before starting the update:

Turn on Airplane Mode, then go into WiFi and turn WiFi back on still with
Airplane mode enabled.
This will turn off Bluetooth and the phone so at least your upgrade won't be
interrupted by a phone call.

Next, go to the app switcher and force quit all apps.

Last, turn your iPhone off and turn it back on, basically this reboots the
device. I would also plug it into a power outlet with the wall charger and
not the computer, somebody mentioned yesterday that if you plug it into the
computer you use to sync and have iTunes open it can cause the phone to go
into DFU mode which you do not want to happen.

Now you can go to "Settings", "General" and "Software Update" and start the
update. Keep in mind that the download itself can take about half an hour or
more and if it seems to be stuck at 96% don't panic and just let it sit, it
will finish eventually. Also, the actual install with all reboots and so on
can take another 30 minutes or even up to an hour, so unless Voiceover
doesn't come on for about 2 hours, don't worry. If it doesn't come on after
2 hours or more, well, then do worry *smile*.

I started the update via WiFi but got impatient when nothing happened for 5
minutes as it sat at 96% and I rebooted the phone. After that it kept
telling me that my version 5.1.1 was the latest update so I just hooked it
up to iTunes and did the update via iTunes. From all I heard from those who
did the update on the phone via WiFi I think I preferred to do it via iTunes
as I could always see what was happening, I heard the various sounds the
computer made when the iPhone disconnected and reconnected during the update
etc. If you want to do this via iTunes you have to be upgraded to the latest
version which is 10.7.