Hello,
No not almost everyone had units with issues. There was actually only a few of
us that had issues. Most did not. There are units that are over a year old
running fine. I was one who had a defective unit and I have already received my
replacement unit and it is working fine. As for displays with speech, the only
ones I know of are ones like the polaris or b2g units. These range from close
to $3000 to $6000
.