yeah, there is some risk, which is why I registered it during my return policy
expired.

From: Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 7:26 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Upgrade process from iPhone 5S

Except you have to be careful if  you buy a used iPhone, another list member
did this also only to found out that apparently the iPhone she bought was
reported stolen and was blacklisted. Under $100 sounds good, but you can buy
cheaper paper weights than that. I’m not saying you can’t buy used, just saying
it’s always a risk.