hi Veronica.
To answer your navigation question about moving across the screen,
there is no way that I know of to move quickly across the screen with
a braille display. Sometimes, it's just faster to hit the touch
screen. Or, for example, you can use space with L to go to the top or
space with 4-5-6 to get to the bottom of the screen. Those are really
the only ways of navigating around the home screen.

Scott