From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Cheryl Homiak
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:10 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Using the Australian voice as default

Actually, there are three different places where you can change in
International. One is language, where there unfortunately isn't an option
for Australian English. Another is voice control, and there you can change
either for Siri or just for phone dialing. Finally, there's the one for
format and that's the one i am trying. It does change the default voice. I
hope i'll be able to tell the difference if it has downloaded the hq voice.
My only problem with the Australian voice is that there's a slight but very
annoying hiss or interference sound as the voice starts and stops speaking a
word or phrase. I'm hoping this is only in the compact voice since I really
like the Australian voice better than either the compact or hq Samantha
which I tolerate but will never love (apologies to those who like Samantha).

--

Cheryl

May the words of my mouth

and the meditation of my heart