That does make sense, thanks.
Patti

  _____

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Richard Turner
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:41 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: ANOTHER ODD THING WITH THE APP/BOOK STORE

I think, and this is just my thoughts, that Apple kept the requirement to
use your Apple ID and password for free apps so they can know which apps
belong to you.  That way, if you turn on the Genius option, they can suggest
apps that are like or related to the apps you have already down loaded.

I am just glad they removed the need to use a password for updating.

Richard

  _____