Hello list.

I have been playing around a bit more with Safari with some success out of
necessity, as my home Wi-Fi has been down the last couple weeks due to a
fried modem.

I have gotten pretty good at the basic navigation, to the point where I
could stream audio and video files.I streamed an audio file, it happened to
be an NFB presidential release, but when I went back into Safari this
morning, it started playing again from the start automatically.  This wasn't
what I wanted, as I was done with it, as I was fully intending to go
somewhere else.  Was there some command I should have executed to stop this
when I was done with the file?

I went to the WWDC video at the Apple site, which was my next destination,
and played that video.  Having had the other experience, I am a bit afraid
that will start playing again when I go back to Safari, since that's the
last place I was.  Again I probably don't want that.

On another related matter, it would be interesting to know the difference in
size between audio and video files for perspective.  I ask because I have
had to use my cellular network the last couple weeks  because of that modem
issue.  The video gobbled up so much data I will be charged for purchasing
extra data.  It was a mistake to do this project now, even though WWDC was
interesting learning, as it still would have been there when I get my Wi-Fi
back up.

Bill Outman