Good morning, list.

First, I am glad my modem problems at home were resolved yesterday, so I can
do email and surf the web at home whenever I want, and not have to gobble up
data on my iPhone because of not being connected to Wi-Fi.

Before that happened, I had a success with Seeing AI in the handwriting
channel that was very fulfilling.  I was doing laundry and found a paper
taped to the top of one of the dryers at my apartment complex.  I first
tried the K-NFB Reader, a good program that I have enjoyed having available
to me for several years in its various forms on different platforms.  It
found no text, even reporting the page was upside down.

Then I tried Microsoft Seeing AI which I was using live for the first time
after having played around in the help documentation last weekend.  I went
to the handwriting channel, figuring that might do the trick as K-NFB had
reported no text.  I assumed, it turned out correctly, that the paper was
oriented correctly when taped to the dryer.  I took the picture and Seeing
AI processed it very quickly.  I discovered that someone had written that
the dryer had taken their change and that it didn't work.  I only wish I had
discovered this before putting coins in it myself, only to learn I had to
move the load to another dryer.

This blew me away a bit, finding I could do a task that has heretofore been
impossible.  I was so excited I forgot to start the washer with the next
load and had to go back to do it.

It was a few minutes later when I grabbed the mail early from the letter
carrier and then the computer technician came to install the new modem.
That was the second attempt, as Earthlink had sent me a bed one last week.

It's good that we have app choices so that if one doesn't perform well in a
given situation, we have others that might.

This all made for a pretty good day for me.

Bill Outman