From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Anna Dresner
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:24 PM
To: VIPhone Mailing List <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: How to use onboard dictionaries

Hi,

It's called Dictionary and is near the bottom of General Settings.

Best,
Anna

        On Sep 20, 2018, at 4:06 PM, Maria Reyes <blindstar2...@gmail.com
<mailto:blindstar2...@gmail.com> > wrote:

        Hi, It's in keyboard settings.

        On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM Mary Otten <motte...@gmail.com
<mailto:motte...@gmail.com> > wrote:
        Somebody mentioned that you could find dictionary in settings. I went
in there, and I didn’t see any. I looked in Siri, then I looked in the basic
settings app down the list of all the apps that I have, a lot of them, and I
didn’t see anything. Where can I find these dictionaries and decide which ones
I want? It’s probably obvious, but I’m just not seeing it.
        Mary

        Sent from my iPhone

<mailto:wadres...@att.net> > wrote:

        > Hi Ketan,
        >
        > 1. Type the word you want to look up.
        >
        > 2. Turn the rotor to Edit.
        >
        > 3. Choose Select.
        >
        > 4. If "Look up isn't in the menu that pops up, select "Show more
items."

        > 5. Choose "Look up."
        >
        > A screen will open with your word looked up in whichever dictionaries
you selected, as well as any other relevant sources.

<mailto:muktake...@gmail.com> > wrote:

        >> Hi friends,
        >>
        >> I see that in the settings app there are quite a few dictionaries but
        >> how does one use them?  Siri is not using them as I tried to
translate
        >> from English to Hindi and Siri told me that it cannot do this at
        >> present.  Please do let me know.
        >>
        >> With best regards,
        >>
        >> Ketan
        >>
        >> --
        >> Ketan Kothari
        >> Phone: [r] 24223281,
        >> Cell: 9987550614
        >> MSN ID: muktake...@hotmail.com <mailto:muktake...@hotmail.com>
        >> Skype ID: Ketan3333
        >>
        >> --
        >> The following information is important for all members of the V
iPhone list.

        >> If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this
list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the

        >> Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached
at:  mk...@ucla.edu <mailto:mk...@ucla.edu> .  Your list owner is Cara Quinn -
you can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com <mailto:caraqu...@caraquinn.com>

Groups "VIPhone" group.
send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:viphone%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com> .
<mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com> .

        > The following information is important for all members of the V
iPhone list.

        > If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list,
or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners
or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.