T-Mobile wants as many people as possible to upgrade to a 10 because
it can receive 600 MHz signals that T-Mobile just added. These allow
signals to reach farther distances and penetrate buildings much
better. I was in a big church on Saturday. When I had T-Mobile my
iPhone 7 showed no service because the signals could not penetrate the
concrete and stone structure. I had good reception with Verizon, which
I have now.

Kelly