How much are the wireless charging pads.
Jen

On Nov 25, 2018, at 1:00 AM, Sieghard Weitzel
<siegh...@live.ca<mailto:siegh...@live.ca>> wrote:

Well, my main employee/store manager who has the same plan from the same
carrier, Koodo Mobil, here in Canada just told me he was about to upgrade his
iPhone 6 because they were offering a really good deal on the iPhone 8 64 Gb.
I had a look and my wife and I decided this was too good of an opportunity to
pass up so we have also ordered our iPhone 8, Gold for  y wife and Space Grey
as usual for me.

For others here in Canada, here is the deal, this is from our perspective as
already existing Koodo customers:
We pay $150 (Canadian of course) up front
Koodo then bills us an extra $15 per month on top of what we pay for our plan
for a period of 2 years, i.e. $15 for 24 months = $360.
After the 2 years our monthly charge goes back to what we pay now which is $49
for 6Gb of data and unlimited Canada wide calling and texting + regular voice
mail, visual voice mail would be $2/month extra.
Total cost for the iPhone 8 64Gb after 2 years is $510 Canadian.

I just looked in the Apple Store app and if I were to buy an iPhone 8 64Gb
directly from Apple it would cost $820 Canadian which means we get it for $310
less.
Of course we can sell my wife's 6S 64Gb and my 6S Plus 64Gb, both had new
batteries installed by Apple 6 months ago and are cosmetically virtually
pristine with glass screen protectors and always in a slim but good protective
case.
I had a look on eBay and I have seen mostly prices of around $300 Canadian for
the 6S and $400 for the 6S Plus, even if we sell for a total of $500 for both
phones that means it covers the $300 initial up front payment for the new
phones and it leaves at least enough for 6 months of payments out of the 2
years for both of us.
This means ultimately the new iPhone 8 will have cost me maybe $250 give or
take $10 or $20. One factor why we decided to go for this deal is also that I
though while in a year there might be a similarly good deal the value of our 6S
and 6S Plus phones would be quite a bit less after another year.

I also scored some good deals on some wireless charging pads since apart from
the better water proofness of the iPhone 8 the wireless charging is probably
the feature I like the most.
I could have gotten an iPhone XR for $550 + the $15 a month, a total of $910
after two years, but that isn't as much less as if I had bought one outright
and we just didn't feel like spending that much. The iPhone 8 should do us for
at least 3 to 4 years now just as our 6S phones did and by then OLED screens,
Face Id will be old and established features and who knows, the phones in 3
years may even have Face Id in addition to Touch Id which works wherever you
touch the screen.

To post to this group, send email to