AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/coolbutpsycho>

Em 21/04/2019 17:17, Sieghard Weitzel disse:

Hi Marcio,

Here I will have to defer to others since I really never record stuff with Windows. I am pretty sure that in programs like Goldwave and other audio editors you will be able to set the format, e.g. MP3, WAV etc. and the bitrate.

*From:*'Marcio' via VIPhone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
*Sent:* Sunday, April 21, 2019 12:58 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: Interview with the woman who is the Siri voice

    Siegard,

Wow, thanks for the class! I have no words to describe it! Congrats you are the best!

Now, could you please tell me how can I choose the bitrate for a recording?
Mind you, I'm using Windows.
If you want, contact me off-list so we can talk about it without cluttering up the list :)

Thanks a lot! :)

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/coolbutpsycho>

Em 21/04/2019 13:27, Sieghard Weitzel disse:

    Hi, Any program which can record in MP3 format can do this. How
    large the file is depends entirely on the quality, in the case of
    MP3 this means the bitrate used.

    This file uses only 64 Kbps which is half of the minimum I would
    recommend for ripping music. I think FM Radio is about equal to 96
    Kbps so while this may sound good for just a voice recording, it’s
    still a pretty low quality recording in absolute terms.

    You can calculate the file size of am MP3 file if you know the
    bitrate and recording length as follows:

    Time in seconds * Bitrate divided by 8 multiplied by 1,024

    In the case of this recording the length is 28 minutes and 57
    seconds which is 1,737 seconds

    The bitrate used is 64 Kbps, the calculation is as follows:

    1,737 * 64 = 111,168, divide by 8 = 13,896, divide that again by
    1,024 (the number of bytes in a Megabyte) and you get 13.57 Nb

    Windows reports the file size as 13,575 Kb which is 13,575 Mb so
    the calculation is pretty close.

    If they had used a sample rate of 128 Kbps the file size would be
    double at 27.15 Mb