Shermeen,

Here's how I turn off an alarm while it is snoozing:
1. Press the side button to wake the phone
2. Explore the screen until I hear something like, "Alarm, 1 minute
ago, snoozing, 7:55 remaining, actions available"
3. Swipe up one time and double-tap "clear"

This works on my iPhone 8. This will stop the alarm but not turn it
off for the next day.

--
Respectfully,
Phoebe Harris