HI Max and All,
Thank you for this Max. Ok, The only thing Vo says is enter passcode.  I don't
feel any vibration at all on my Xr phone.  I would usually press the home
button two times to wake up the wallet, then place my phone over the Apple
register screen at the store,  and then it would ask for face id, and I would
hold my phone closer to my face, and then select which card I wanted to use.  I
tried this again today at the store, but the Apple register screen at the store
was down for a few hours, and I couldn't wait a few hours though, so I don't
know if it made any difference by removing and adding my credit and debit card
again on my phone.  I have asked Apple Accessibility many times about how can I
tell if face id is even working with Apple Pay, and they said that is a good
question, but they don't have any idea, and they talked to a few engineers, but
they don't know either.  I have had several sighted people with me when using
Apple-Pay face id at the store, and I have them to look at my phone screen, but
they say they don't see anything on the screen regarding face id, so they don't
know either.   Although, Apple did tell me to reset my face id, and that I did,
but after resetting face  id, is when the problem got much worse.  I also have
face id set up so when I purchase something from the app store, it would prompt
me for face id, but that doesn't seem to be working either, because when I
purchase something from the app store, it asks me for my passcode instead of
face id.
At this point, I really don't feel secure enough to have my personal
information on my phone.  If I knew face id was working, I would love it!

I'm  frustrated! !
Janet