This is GOOD News! Thanx for sharing
At 09:13 PM 9/27/2019, you wrote:
Hello Josh,

Overdrive uses the same audio files as Audible. So, rather than buying or paying a subscription for a commercially released title, one can simply borrow it from the public library for up to 21[days.

Given that the NLS now also has access to these same commercially released titles, I suspect that the gap between the NLS BARD book system and the commercial audio book system will continue to get smaller; however, I find that very often, it takes the NLS much longer to make said titles available on BARD.

While I appreciate Audible, I see no need to pay for that which the public library system can provide for free. Mind you, this is not a proverbial hand-out, it is simply taking advantage of a system that has been available to our sighted counterparts for decades.

Personally, I spend a rather large sum of money purchasing those titles that I wish to add to my permanent collection. While I usually buy them from Apple Books, I have no fewer than 20 or so from Audible; books that are truly dear to my heart such as Alex Haley's Roots, read by Avery Brooks.

It really comes down to the fact that now, more than ever before, we as blind and low vision readers, have choices.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Hendrickson
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2019 7:24 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: The Developers of Over Drive for iOS are Aware of the iOS13 VoiceOver Problem and Will Work to Resolve It Soon

I'm just curious why people want to use overdrive. I know people use all kinds of different services. I suppose that if your library has access to a large audio book collection it might be a good option.
I'll use bard and audible as well as bookshare.

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/CADUoy9uRdcegsBiK4m8KtZR1187WzU9-c7ua2idQ31kMvLgDMw%40mail.gmail.com.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/001201d575b3%2425d01f90%2471705eb0%24%40edu.