From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Vicky Collins
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 1:49 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: iPhone SE battery

As you can tell, I do tend to switch iPhone's from time to time, but haven't
yet ventured into trying the ones with face ID. But, my question here is, is it
worth me giving my old iPhone SE to my sister, or am I doing her a disservice
in the end because of the lower battery capacity?

Anyway, since my sighted sister is using a four-year-old $19 pay as you go
phone from AT&T, a 3G phone where she can no longer get a signal in her house
in the rural area where we live, I purchased a used iPhone 7 from one of the
blindness lists , thinking to give it to her. However, grin, I made the mistake
of giving her the choice between my iPhone SE and the 7, and she preferred the
smaller SE.

I haven't yet given her the phone because she is on my brother's account, and
he needs to go to the AT&T store here to get her the new SIM card for the
phone, since the phone she has now takes a micro SIM. I did, though, confirm
that the phone would indeed work at her house. And, just before I reset the
phone to factory defaults, I checked its battery health, and the maximum
capacity given for that phone was 81 percent. It did say that the battery was
supporting normal peak performance. As I've mentioned previously, my source of
internet right now is via personal hotspot, my choice as I'm not yet ready to
leave AT&T, and I guess it didn't do the battery on the SE any good. I
purchased the phone new from Amazon a little over a year ago, so guess I'll
have to watch my battery care a bit better with my future phones.

As a side note for anyone still reading, I did go to AT&T store a while back
and get a SIM card for a second line for myself. With my AT&T Unlimited and
more Premium plan, we discussed both the second line or adding some sort of
wireless hotspot device to my one-line plan. If memory serves, the rep told me
that, if I were to choose the wireless device, I would get 50 GB of data, a
home phone number but I wouldn't necessarily have to use it, and I could either
pay the $200 for the hotspot device, or I could pay it off in monthly payments.
So, since I already had a second iPhone, I just opted for the second line with
its additional 15 GB of mobile hotspot. And, of course, I can just cancel this
second line at any time.

Oh, one more side note, even though I can use the hotspot on my Nokia 6 to
backup my iPhones to iCloud here at my apartment, I still can't use this same
feature on one iPhone to backup the other, even though each iPhone has its own
SIM card now, something about poor network conditions. Wonder if I should've
gotten that wireless device instead, and why the Nokia will let me backup with
the hotspot feature while the iPhone won't?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/20190930054849.v-collins%40sbcglobal.net.