From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
David Chittenden
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 12:20 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Should Reebooting an iPhone 4 cause loss of VoiceOver

I restored my new iPhone 5 today to get it synced with my iTunes and apps
because using iCloud would not restore my music (I do not currently subscribe
to music match), and iCloud was going to take a very long time.

First, go in to settings, iCloud, and turn off iCloud sync.

1) Launch iTunes.
2) Plug iPhone in to computer USB port
3) Sync should start automatically. If not, activate the sync button
4) After sync is complete, on the summary tab, find the restore iPhone button
and activate it
5) After iTunes connects to Apple, select yes to back up your current settings
6) Agree to the terms.
7) ITunes will download the latest iOS software. When complete, the software
will be installed on your iOS device. This will take some time. Leave the iOS
device alone and let the upgrade/restore take its time.
8) When finished, your iOS device will be restarted and a pop-up will notify
you that the device is restarting.
9) Once the device is restarted and connected to iTunes again, you will be
asked if it is a new device, or restore from back-up. Though my iPhone 5 is a
new phone, I selected restore from back-up. I then chose the second most recent
back-up as that was the one for my old iPhone 4.
10) I had to leave my iPhone connected for a couple hours whilst my 20 GB of
data: apps, music, and general info, were all loaded on to my iPhone.

Everything loaded including my folder structure. Unfortunately, my bookshare
books did not load. I must have screwed that part up when I cancelled the
iCloud update. Everything else moved across without a hitch including my folder
structure.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288