I believe it is because of the NFC chip, the iPhone 7 was the first iPhone
where the NFC chip was made available for broader uses.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Kay
Malmquist
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2019 2:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: ScripTalk app

I have a question.  I have read that Only the iPhone 7 and above work with
this.  Is that because it uses infrared and the 6 S does not have it?
Thanks much.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmqu...@gmail.com
KINDNESS
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.
-- Lao-Tzu