Hi Richard and All,

Richard said it well "good is a relative term" and so is "comfortable". You
can get some rather nice headphones for $150 or $200 and most people would
call them good, but for an audio file a pair of $800 or $1,000 headphones
with a $1,500 dedicated headphone amp may qualify as good.

As for comfortable, I never thought the old earbud style headphones were
uncomfortable and unless I wanted to listen to music and get better sound
they were my preferred headphones. Now I bought a set of the new Apple
earpods and they have now become my favourite headset. I can have those in
my ears for hours and feel comfortable, I love the fact they don't block out
external sounds and they do sound better than the old earbuds, not as good
as my $200 VMoto headset, but not bad at all for $35. I personally really
dislike those earbuds with foam that you have to stick half way into your
brain and which seal off your ear like those cheap foam earplugs you twist
so they become thin and then after you stick them into your ears the foam
expands to block off sounds. To me those are the most uncomfortable thing
there is and while some say the Apple earpods fall out of their ear, for me
they stay in perfectly. But that just shows how different opinions can be
and it's the reason why if somebody asks 10 people what a "good headset" is
they most likely get 10 different answers.