You can play m4r and m4a formats in goldwave, and you can convert from other audio formats into m4r and m4a in goldwave.----- Original Message ----- From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 10:26 AM
Subject: RE: good and bad news about itunes and getting new ring tones on my iPhone 8, please help if possible

M4R is simply M4A (Apple's music format) with the M4R extension which tells iOS that the file is a ringtone and not a song. M4R can be played in iTunes as well as the Groove Music app which comes with Windows 10, I think it will also play with the old Windows Media Player. You delete them the same way you put them on, connect your phone to the computer, open iTunes, go into the phone area, go to Tones in the treeview, then tab into the list and delete the ones you don't want.