I can confirm that the offending intrusion of the phrase  to the power off is
also present when reading certain books and easy dolphin reader. I understand
it indicates an asterisk or a sign that indicates a footnote or an end note. It
doesn’t happen with fiction books which do not likely have such symbols

Sent from my iPhone