Hi Annie,

You can speed up your audio book listening when using the Bookmark
app,  but only by as much as you can get from the built-in Music app.
Go to the track in the music app, start playing, and increase the
speed.  Then when you switch to the Bookmark app and play the audio
book it will use that speed setting.

I'll paste in a shortened link to one of my list posts from the
beginning of the year that describes the Bookmark app's features:
http://bit.ly/VQlxur
(You can use Safari Reader – e.g., Command-Shift-R to read the page on
your Mac).
And here's the URL for the app at the App store:
Bookmark ($1.99) by DockMarket LLC:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bookmark/id326290323?mt=8

HTH. Cheers,
Esther