Hi Anna,

The instructions Brett gave work, and I have created the bookmark this
way on my iPhone and iPad. However, I've always found it easier to
create the Instapaper bookmark on my Mac and the sync the bookmarks,
as is also suggested on the Instapaper pages as an easier method.
Whenever you read instructions to drag and drop a bookmark to your
browser's toolbar, use the contextual menu instead: navigate to the
bookmark on that page and copy the link. Create a bookmark, and use
the context menu to edit the address field of the bookmark so you
paste in the java script that you copied.  The same instructions work
whether you use a Mac or Windows, and can be applied to any java
bookmarklet, including Google translation bookmarks.  The only
specific recommendation for Mac users is that these be saved to your
"Bookmarks Bar", so you can activate the "Read Later" bookmarking with
shortcut keys like Command-1 (if it is the first bookmark in your
Bookmarks Bar).  Also, on an iPad I go to the main Settings menu and
under Safari I turn on the switch for "Always Show Bookmarks Bar" so I
can just flick to "Read Later" and double tap.

Here's a link to a recent post I wrote on the macvisionaries list with
more detailed information on setting up an Instapaper Bookmark.  It
also links to an older Mac-access list post with step-by-step
instructions.
• Re: Instapaper Toolbar Bookmark
http://www.mail-archive.com/macvisionaries%40googlegroups.com/msg73710.html

Ironically, this information about Instapaper bookmark creation for
both Safari on the Mac and various browsers on Windows was available
in comments for the original AppleVis app entry when there was
initially a free version of Instapaper.  Then, last year in April,
when they started up the "Recommend apps that you like" feature, I
wrote back that I wanted to recommend Instapaper, but that they had
just discontinued the free version.  The response was to remove the
free app description, even though all the useful comments also applied
to the paid version, which many commenters said they had:
www.applevis.com/applevis-forum/site-news-feedback-and-discussion/recommend-apps-you

For the email bookmarking feature I just copied the individual address
they gave me to my Contacts, with the name "Instapaper".  You can find
the address in your accounts page on the Instapaper web site.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther