I use the overdrive app all the time. I don't know of any specific voice over
issues. Sometimes the formats button on a books details page does not work. But
for the most part this app and voiceover work well together. But an app update
can change that at any time. I have had this happen before, then I have to wait
for the next update and hope that they fix the quirk that was causing me
problems.
In addition to the overdrive app, Have you ever tried the hoopla app? this app
also lets you check out and download digital library content. It works well
with voiceover too, and you don't have to wait for books to become available
before checking them out. The only issue I have had with this app is that a
recent update of the app has made it so that voiceover does not recognize the
back button on the book details page. You double tap a book, and then you're
stuck on that page unless you close the app and reopen it again. Its kind of
annoying but its still a good app and I am hoping the next update will fix this
problem.