From: Richard Turner
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2020 2:23 PM
Subject: RE: Background App Refresh, Explained In Lamen's Terms

Thanks Mike for posting this.

As one who has often recommended turning off background app refresh, this
gives me something to think about.

One phrase in this article that makes me think he may be equating background
app refresh with leaving apps in the app switcher is when he said taking
them out of the multi-tasking window prevents them from doing their
background refreshing….

Well, I’ve seen too many cases where having a bunch of apps in the app
switcher has most definitely used up the resources and only until someone
clears out their app switcher does their phone go back to operating
correctly.

This has been even on newer iPhone X’s and 11’s.

So I’m not yet convinced that Apple handles leaving things in the app
switcher very well.

I know they claim to, but I work with a lot of people with iPhones and my
experience says they can eat the resources and leave a phone sluggish and/or
down right useless until everything is cleared out.

If leaving them in the app switcher is the only way to have them refresh in
the background, I guess I will just not be taking advantage of this feature.

Thanks,

Richard

PS.  Your tag line made me laugh out loud.