Hello,

Yes, this has been a very annoying bug throughout IOS 13. I too have reported
it and hope it gets fixed. As to a workaround of sorts, I try one of these two
things to help minimize the problem. Neither works consistantly but they can
save a lot of swiping around.

1. Touching part way down. After deleting an email and ending up at the top of
the screen, rather than swiping right to get back into the in-box list I just
touch the screen part way down. While this usually doesn't get me back to the
correct location in the list, it does get me close and saves a lot of swiping.
I normally work with a bluetooth keyboard and find this touch method still
saves a lot of extra steps. With a bluetooth keyboard, you can also just hold
down the right arrow key and let it repeat. This quickly runs down the items in
the in-box but I still prefer the touch approach.

2. Working backward. If I have a lot of unread emails in the in-box, I choose
one part way down the list to open. On closing it, it usually becomes the top
one on the in-box list. Instead of deleting it, I swipe back once to see the
prior unread emailand I work on that one. Essentially I save all of my deletes
until I have finished working on the unreads. Then, I double click the edit
button, select all the emails I want to delete, find the delete or trash button
at the bottom of the screen, and double tap. I receive a lot of email and I use
a related technique to initially cut it down. I double tap the edit button and
work my way down the in-box list, selecting each email whose subject line is
not something I am interested in. Then I delete them as above.

As I say, these tricks do not work consistantly. One thing I have found to work
consistantly is to delete an email while it is open. Make sure the rotor is set
to "actions" and flick up to find delete. You can also find the "more
actions"button at the bottom of the open email screen, double tap it, then find
delete in there. Deleting this way will then open the next email for you
without going back to the in-box screen. Deleting this way will effectively
prevent working with email threads but it will keep the focus from jumping to
the top of the in-box all the time.

Note - I refer here to working on an iphone. Email works slightly differently
on an ipad and the focus problem does not appear to infect email on an ipad.

Good luck.

Dave Clement
Winnipeg MB

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 7:10 AM, deidre muccio <deidreandlou...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all
i've just moved to the new SC from an iPhone 6 actually I had an interim phone
which was a 6S with 13 on it. But there's something buggy about the Mail
program on my new phone which Apple Accessibility has said is a bug. I'm
wondering if anyone else is noticing it and if they found a workaround.
after I read a message and delete it I am thrown back to the very top of the
page which says Gmail. From there I have to swipe down to get to the next
message. It's not automatically keeping me where the messages are. It's  a
nuisance to have to keep going from the top back down to wear the next unread
message starts to be listed. I don't know  if collapsing the messages after
reading or not makes any difference. Seems I've tried both and I still have
this problem. Has anyone found a workaround or does anyone know what to do
about the sort of thing? Am I the only one this is happening to? No I'm not
paranoid! Sent from my iPhone

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/6E20F5ED-6F75-4AA2-9393-7408AD30E9A8%40gmail.com.