Make sure your volume isn't turned down, maybe the watch is waking but the
volume is very low.
The vibrations are telling the time. You are probably inadvertantly doing a
1-finger double or triple tap or at least the watch is interpreting your
gestures or taps that way.
Keep in mind that the following only works if the watch is locked.
A double tap with 1 finger gives you the time silently via vibrations. The
default is that each hour is indicated by a short vibration, then there is a
short pause and then the minutes are indicated by a long vibration for every 10
minutes and a short vibration for every minute.
For example, right now it's 7:32 AM, if I do a double tap with 1 finger when my
watch is locked, I get 7 short vibrations indicating it's 7 o'clock, then there
is a pause, then I get 3 long vibrations indication 30 minutes, then 2 more
short vibrations indicating 2 minutes hence 7:32. Just as with minutes where
every 10 minute interval is indicated by a long vibration so the hours are also
indicated with a long vibration at 10 AM and 10 PM. If it were 10:13 AM or PM,
you would get a single long vibration, a pause, then another long vibration
followed by 3 short vibrations.
The system for hours therefore is as follows, this always applies to AM or PM,
it is assumed you know whether it's daytime or night time.
1 o'clock = 1 short vibration
2 o'clock = 2 short vibrations
3 o'clock = 3 short vibrations
This goes all the way to 9 o'clock which equals 9 short vibrartions
10 o'clock then is a single long vibration followed by the pause and then the
long vibrations for every 10 minute interval and the short vibrations for
single minutes.
11 o'clock is a long vibration followed by a short vibration
12 o'clock is a long vibration and 2 short vibrations

You can change the system used, for example, you can also have the vibrations
use morse code if you know it and there is one other system I can't remember.
The most vibrations you would possibly get would be at 9:59 AM or PM, here you
would get 9 short vibrations followed by a pause, then you would get 5 long
vibrations and 9 more short vibrations to indicate 59 minutes.
The least amount of vibrations would be at exactly 1:00 AM or PM and at 10:00
AM or PM, the first would just be a single short vibration and the second a
single long vibration.

If you already know the hour of the day, for example, you are in a meeting
which started at 9 AM and you know it's 9 o'clock something, you can do a
triple tap and this will only give you vibrations for the minutes skipping the
first set of 9 short vibrations to indicate it's 9 AM.

It's a good system, but keep in mind that if you have turned on the raise at
wrist raise setting or that you want to be able to use SIRI by simply saying
"Hey Siri, that if you first raise your wrist and then do a double tap it would
probably speak the ime or whatever might be on your screen because raising rthe
wrist wakes up the watch and it's no longer in locked mode and getting the time
this way only works if the watch is truly locked. If you want to raise your
wrist and get time via vibrations you would first have to cover the watch with
your hand for a second or two which would force it to lock, then do the double
or triple tap.

Best regards,