I thought exactly the same thing. Then I found a special for 125.00 and took the chance. I absolutely love the air pods even with the short battery life and the unreliability of the switching feature. They will charge in around fifteen minutes, I can wear all day with no discomfort. the sound is fine in my opinion. I have no hearing in my right ear so do not like noise cancelling buds. So they fit my needs so well, I bought a second pair so when the battery goes on one, I can switch to the other pair.

Marie
-----Original Message----- From: Joshua Hendrickson
Sent: Friday, July 3, 2020 4:51 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Thinking of getting airpods and wondering what the differences are between the versions

I wouldn't pay $140 for a set of wireless earbuds if I only got about
5 hours of playtime from a single charge.  This is just my opinion.

On 7/3/20, chalt...@gmail.com <chalt...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure if this link will work for you, but here's a link to the
Airpods from Best Buy. This doesn't include the wireless charging case but
rather just the wired charging case. The price is $140.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-airpods-with-charging-case-latest-model-white/6084400.p?skuId=6084400

It should be pretty easy to make sure you're getting the right product. The
price should be around $150, and it should just say Airpods and not Airpod
Pros. If you see Airpod Pros, a price of around $250, and features like
noise cancellation, transparency mode, and silicon ear tips then your
looking at the Airpod Pros and not the Airpods.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Gmail